par Darwin Ortiz
Format : format 22 cm × 29 cm, 235 pages, couverture rigide.
Prix : 45,00 €
Livre en anglais.
Darwin is one of the world’s leading sleight-of-hand performers with cards. He's also the author of some of the most important magic books in recent years : Cardshark, At the Card Table, The Annotated Erdnase and Strong Magic.
Scams & Fantasies with Cards is destined to take its place alongside these others as a modern classic. In this new, hardbound 235-page book he reveals thirty of his finest card creations yet. Highlights include :
- Great new work with a memorized stack. Not just mental effects, but commercial and mind-blowing effects accomplished with your favorite memorized stack.
- Darwin considers The Zen Master one of the most powerful effects he has ever created.
- The Color of Money pushes the classic "Follow the Leader" to a new level of impossibility and impact.
- If you never liked Oil and Water, "Ultimate Oil and Water" will make you a believer. A show-stopping effect that earns standing ovations.
- In Impossible Conditions, cards turn over while in a spectator’s hands, cards transform while in a spectator’s pocket, and cards travel to your pockets under the closest scrutiny.
- Totally original presentations ranging from the humorous to the suspenseful to the dramatic and poetic.
Darwin has also created some of the world’s strongest gambling routines and in Scams & Fantasies he shares some of his best yet. Imagine allowing the spectators to thoroughly shuffle the deck, then immediately dealing yourself a royal flush (Raw Deal), or producing any poker hand requested (Shark Attack), or dealing out four pat poker hands (Déjà vu Poker), or four perfect bridge hands (The Professional). For the more formal occasion, there is God of Gamblers, a demonstration of false dealing that takes the concept into the stratosphere.
Throughout, Darwin provides psychological insights, presentational angles, performing tips and suggestions based on his extensive experience performing these effects for real audiences. The plots, presentations, methods and handlings are all designed for maximum audience impact. Impossible effects, entertaining presentations, rock-solid construction and performing wisdom combine to produce a must-have book for all lovers of great card magic.
Scams & Fantasies concludes with a new essay on magic theory that shows once more why Darwin Ortiz is the most thought-provoking writer in magic.